Friday, August 5, 2011

Venice

Venice is really nice! The train tracks are the only thing connecting it to the main land. Its an island with water cutting it into countless pieces. I saw no cars and more surprisingly no bikes. Just lots of people. I found a "cheap" one star hotel not to far from saint marks square. I bought a map from the infrimation both. It did no good! It's really confusing to try and get around but if you have nowhere to be it's a fun city to be lost in. I finally found the hotel and droped my stuff off and went for a wander. I found saint marks square and went up in the bell tower for a sunset view of the city. Then walked along the coast line to a park at the point of one of many islands then back for some pizza next to the water this time with no Mosquitos! It was fun to see all the things that inspired the diffrent elements of the venichian hotel in Vegas. The gondolas, the winged lions, the bell tower, saint marks square etc. After that I went to the hotel to sleep. I waited a long time to get into the saint marks cathedral but it was worht the wait. It was amazing. The ceilings are totally covered in very detailed mosaics. I paid a little extra to gointo the treasury. They had lots of interesting thing some dating back to 425bc! That's amazing to me. I wondered around a bit before going on a tour of the grand opera house with all it's gold leafing then to the Peggy Guiginhime art gallery. She had some really cool modern art. I really like modern art. One of her favorites was a piaco that's right in the entry. I like Picaso even if it looks like a kid drew it. I also got to see a
Movie and play about the history of the city. It was interesting. I realy wanted to go on a gondola ride but I didn't want to go my self so I talked to girls from Germany and Austria to go with me. It was meet to see the city from one of it's many canales now I'm on a bus to Austria to catch a train to Slovania. So see ya from Slovania

No comments:

Post a Comment