Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Quick update

I was in Zermatt for just two nights and three days. The weather the second two days was awesome. I really hurt my feet badly walking from chamonix. My mountaineering boots gave me some bad blisters so I switched to my chaos (sandals). They have no cushion so they bruesed my heals. I really screed up and I hate being hurt. I hurt myself on a neat trail but I coundnt see anything so it was kind of a waste. Then I was hurt for the good weather where I really wanted to be. I couldnt walk so I flew! I took the famous glacier express train up above Zermatt and flew tandom on a paraglider. I really liked it. I think that's so much better than skydiving. It last longer. You can see more. It's a real skill, you could get better at it. The Matterhorn was always in the back round. It's was really cool. I also did a little via feret ( climbing diffrent things that are permanently attached to the rock with a permenet safety line) it was cool to get some exposer eventhough it wasn't really climbing. It hurt and I was only out for about two and a half hours. So I scratch my plans to ski on the glacier at the base of the Matterhorn or to try and climb. I'm still upset. I feel like I really missed out on a great opportunity! Oh well this whole trip is a great opportunity and to miss ( or have to come back for) one thing isn't going to kill me.
Now get out your maps because I'm moving. I spent the day in Milan Italy and I'm headed to Venenve this afternoon. Hope your all doing good. Arebaderchi from Italy

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Sorry you're hurt. You'll have to take a few days to rest your feet, but at least you can eat some real Italian Gelato while you relax. Paragliding sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete