Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Time flys when your having fun

It has been just over a week scence my last post. I can't believe it has already been that long. I am keeping a journal and writing postcards home to my family I also do Facebook updates so I'm always writing somewhere I just forget where. Croatia was nice I meet a Canadian on the train that I hung out with the whole time I was their it made it seem less foreign. The beaches if yo can call them beaches where tiny and rocky no sand anywhere but the water is warm and clear and their a lot of people around with no ocean so the little "beaches" are crowded. The have cement piers and big steps so theirs places to sit. I took a bus to an island named krk and a boat to the main land for a day trip to a even rockier beach. Their where tourist booths everywhere and the people for the most part where very nice. I ate fish on the boat that wasn't great but the food for the most part was really good. I have found pizza and gyros in almost every country. We also ate figs and grapes from the trees their. I liked Croatia it was diffrent that other places I have been. It was beautiful because it wasn't beautiful. The building where really cool and had so much character because they where deteriating, rusting, fading, vandalized, un maintained and poorly constructed. The beaches almost didn't exsist. The terrain had no mountains but wasn't flat. Their where lots of trees that where green but not really interesting but all that gave it chacter and made it beautiful! Catch ya later from Croatia

No comments:

Post a Comment