Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Green!

My euro rail map has 25 selected scenic routes thought Europe. One of them just happened to start in Prague. It ended just over the Germany border in Schona. I met a girl who lives in northern Germany who was nice enough to host me for a few days starting on the 25 so I had a couple of days to kill so I got on the train. Even more exciting was geting off the train. Their was no train station no infromation bouth no city center their was nothing. I noticed more... Houses? On the other side of the river so I jumped on a ferry and I as quickly as I made it to Germany I had left again. I saw a billboard for a climbing shop so I had my first stop figured out. The climbing shop was nice and their was one employe that spoke a little English. They didn't have any guides or guides in the area but gave me a number for a climber who lived in the next valley over and had put up a lot of the routes. But he didn't have a car and he lived in the next valley over. I found a nice hotel across the river from the climbing shop and got a nice room for cheap. I was the only guest. After drooping my bag I went out to wander around. I fallowed the river up the canyon and soon I was on a little path next to the river in one of the greenest forest I have ever seen. This was river runs through it kind of green. This was green was on sale so the checks bought some and got a lot more free kind of green. This was the kind of green that Ireland would be jelous of. If a painter painted this green you would think he was painting an abstract. The kind of green you can see but also feel, smell, and even taste. Leafed where green but so where the trunks of the trees the rocks the path. Their where ferns growing from the moss that hung from the trees. This green made me amazed that it wasn't raining all the time to keep things that green. Even the boats that the guides used to push tourist up the canyon to see more green where..green! It was beautiful! I really enjoyed my afternoon wander and I enjoyed being out of a capitol city for a while. I will write about the climbing later but is great to see green!

No comments:

Post a Comment